Monday, February 15, 2010

MY CAR IS SICK

Just when you think your bank account is looking reasonable... the car gets sick. Yesterday I went over to Alia's to drop the kids while I grocery shopped and when I went to get back in it it would not start... Luckily my good mate has a spare so I joined the RACQ but had to wait one day till I could call them so with Alias car I did the groceries then went home to wait to call the RACQ. After school drop off this morning I went around to Alia's to wait for them and believe it or not they were there in about 5 mins.. I ended up having a flat battery, so they gave me a jump start and told me to take it for a drive for about half an hour. So after cruising up the highway for 30 min I decided to go and get the new tyres for it that I had been putting off for too long, after having flash new tyres put on and a wheel alignment it would not start again....... so I decided to put a new battery in it as well, did not want to get stuck anywhere with a screaming baby in this heat. BUT... apparently according to the Goodyear Auto centre guy (who was very nice and sent his wife out to the goodyear tyre warehouse to get me the tyres that they did not have instock so I could get them today), tells me my alternator is sick.... So I have just spent $950 thinking everything will be good and now, I will be up for some more money on thursday as I have booked it in for a service aqnd will ask them to check the alternator. I am now skint or will be on thursday anyway. BLOODY cars.

1 comment:

Enina J Designs said...

Oh Trace this is not good. Hopefully it will be all good after it has a service